Lancaster, PA Area
October 6 - 9, 2022
(Thursday - Sunday)
Do you like to quilt? Do you like to shop?
Do you love to shop and quilt?
Fall is a great time to visit Lancaster! Join us for a fun, all-inclusive weekend with others who also like to shop and quilt! We’ll be staying at the DoubleTree Resort, Lancaster. There are at least a dozen quilt shops nearby.
- The event begins at 9 AM on Thursday, October 6, 2022. Checkout of the event space is 3 PM on Sunday, October 9, 2022.
- The venue is the gorgeous DoubleTree Resort in Lancaster. Price includes lodging Thursday-Saturday nights.
- In the quilting area, you’ll get a 6-foot table of your own, and there will be extra tables for cutting/laying out, and ironing boards.
- Breakfast and dinner each day is included, beginning Thursday evening through Sunday breakfast.
- You’ll get a ticket enabling you to eat breakfast in the hotel’s restaurant each morning.
- Thursday night, we’ll eat at the Agape Grill
- Friday night, we’ll enjoy a group dinner at the hotel in a private room
- On Saturday night, we’ll have dinner at Lancaster Brasserie
- You can choose between sharing a room or pay a surcharge for a single. If you’d like to share a double but don’t have a roommate, I can provide a list of people also looking for roommates.
- Optional classes will be offered. Details will be sent closer to the event.
- Please note: This is a fully vaccinated event. You will be asked to confirm that you will be fully vaccinated against Covid 19 before attending.
Great opportunities to learn new things and meet new friends."
- 3 nights (Thur, Fri, Sat) lodging. Wednesday night available at an additional cost.
- 4 days of sewing (Thur, Fri, Sat, Sun)
- Goodie bag
- Breakfast and dinner (dinner Thursday through breakfast Sunday morning)
- Transportation to and from the venue
- Lunch each day
- Sewing machine and supplies
- Double occupancy: $700
- Single occupancy: $850
- Wednesday night: $100 (double) or $200 (single)
About the Trip Organizer
I’ve been a traveler my whole life. When I was 5, my family moved to Germany to live for the next 5 years. While there, we traveled around Europe extensively. And, I got bitten by the travel bug! I’ve lived in Europe (twice), traveled there several times, and visited numerous U.S. states, Canada, and Central America.
I’ve always sewn (my Mom was a professional seamstress), and after I discovered quilting in 2003, I very quickly also discovered quilting retreats. What fun! Getting to hang out with friends for a weekend, shop, eat (and not cook or do the dishes), talk, and SEW! I was hooked.
I am the person my friends and family ask to arrange group travel. I pay attention to the small details and plan trips that everyone enjoys. My friends refer to me as the “cruise director” because I love travel planning so much!
I have been organizing quilting retreats for several years. The retreats are so popular that they sell out and there’s a waiting list.
Signing Up is Easy
- Complete this form.
- I will send you an invoice for your deposit (25% of the retreat fee). Another 25% is due June 1, 2022; the remaining 50% is due September 1, 2022.
- You may pay via check, credit card, PayPal, Venmo, or CashApp. Your space is not reserved until I receive your payment.
Annual paying members of the International Quilters Guild get $50 off the price of the retreat. No coupon is required. If you are an annual paying member (or have been a member for at least 3 months) as of August 1, 2022, your final bill for the retreat will reflect a $50 credit. Join today!
- A 25% deposit is required to hold your space. Another 25% is due June 1, 2022; the remaining 50% is due September 1, 2022.
- You may request a full refund for 72 hours after payment.
- Refunds, minus a 25% fee, can be requested up through August 1, 2022. If you find someone to take your place, your registration can be transferred with a $25 administrative fee.
- After August 1, 2022, no refunds are available. However, you may find someone to take your place for a $25 administrative fee.
- After September 1, 2022, no refunds or transfers are permitted. Full terms and conditions can be found here.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. What about Covid 19?
A: If the local/national situation warrants cancellation, I will let you know. In that case, you have the choice of rolling over your deposit to a rescheduled date or receive a full refund. We did have to cancel in 2020 and that’s the policy we followed. Anyone who asked for a refund got one.
Q: What’s the International Quilters’ Guild?
A: We are an online-only group of quilters who interact on Facebook. The group is free to join.
Q: What about meals? I have a food preference or allergy.
A: You’ll get an opportunity to review the menu for Friday night and indicate any dietary needs closer to the event. For other meals, you can order off a menu.