Lancaster, PA Area
May 5-May 7 or 8, 2022
Do you like to quilt? Do you like to shop?
Do you love to shop and quilt?
Join us this spring for a fun, all-inclusive weekend with others who also like to shop and quilt! We’ll be taking over an entire space that’s built just for quilt retreats. We will be minutes from Burkholder’s Fabrics and Lancaster Home & Fabric. There are at least a dozen other shops within an hour’s drive.
Only 3 spots left! Register soon.
- This event is limited to 12 people.
- The event begins at 3 PM on Thursday, May 4, 2022. Checkout is Noon on Sunday, May 8, 2022. Sunday is Mother’s Day, so if you want to leave on Saturday after breakfast, that is an option too.
- The venue includes a full kitchen, a sitting area, a quilting area, a finished basement with exercise equipment (a treadmill and ping pong table), a washer and dryer, a courtyard with picnic tables and a grill, and covered porch with rocking chairs. This space was designed for quilting retreats!
- The quilting area is filled with natural light and includes a 6-foot table of your own, an adjustable sewing chair with wheels, two design walls, 8 extra tables for cutting/laying out, 3 ironing boards.
- All meals are included (dinner the night of your arrival, breakfast/lunch/dinner for full days, and breakfast Sunday). A professional chef will be creating our lunches and dinners (menus will be sent closer to the event and will accommodate dietary preferences).
- Beds are twin size and there are two to a room (no private rooms). Pillows and quilts are provided; you can choose to bring your own bed linens and towels or pay a separate fee to have them provided for you. Some rooms have bathrooms in them; others use a shared hallway bath. The venue has 7 full baths and 3 half baths.
- There are two beds available on the ground floor. Please only request one of them if you cannot handle stairs.
- Chair massages will be offered at no additional charge; other massage services may be available for additional cost.
- Optional classes will be offered. Details will be sent closer to the event.
- Exact address will be sent with your confirmation and invoice.
- Please note: This is a fully vaccinated event. You will be asked to confirm that you will be fully vaccinated against Covid 19 before attending.
Great opportunities to learn new things and meet new friends."
- 2 or 3 nights (Thur, Fri/Sat) lodging.
- 3 or 4 days of sewing (Thur, Fri, Sat/Sun)
- Goodie bag
- Breakfast, lunch, and dinner (dinner on the night you arrive through breakfast the day you leave)
- Chair massage
- Transportation to and from Lancaster (although I can give you recommendations)
- Sewing machine and supplies
About the Trip Organizer
I’ve been a traveler my whole life. When I was 5, my family moved to Germany to live for the next 5 years. While there, we traveled around Europe extensively. And, I got bitten by the travel bug! I’ve lived in Europe (twice), traveled there several times, and visited numerous U.S. states, Canada, and Central America.
I’ve always sewn (my Mom was a professional seamstress), and after I discovered quilting in 2003, I very quickly also discovered quilting retreats. What fun! Getting to hang out with friends for a weekend, shop, eat (and not cook or do the dishes), talk, and SEW! I was hooked.
I am the person my friends and family ask to arrange group travel. I pay attention to the small details and plan trips that everyone enjoys. My friends refer to me as the “cruise director” because I love travel planning so much!
I have been organizing quilting retreats for several years. The retreats are so popular that they sell out and there’s a waiting list.
Signing Up is Easy
- Sign up below to pay a $200 deposit to hold your space.
- The balance is due April 1, 2022.
- Your space is not reserved until I receive your payment.
2 nights: Arrive Thursday, May 5; depart Saturday, May 7:
Private bath (2 rooms): $340 (no longer available)
Shared bath (3 rooms): $325
3 nights: Arrive Thursday, May 5; depart Sunday, May 8:
Private bath (2 rooms): $440 (no longer available)
Shared bath (3 rooms): $425
Linens (twin sheets and towels) are not included. If you would like to have them provided (twin fitted sheet, twin flat sheet, pillowcase, bath towel, hand towel, wash cloth), there is a charge of $25.
Annual paying members of the International Quilters Guild get $50 off the price of the retreat. No coupon is required. If you are an annual paying member (or have been a member for at least 3 months) as of April 1, 2022, your final bill for the retreat will reflect a $50 credit. Join today!
- A $200 deposit is required to hold your space. I will send you an invoice for the balance, which is due on receipt.
- You may request a full refund for 72 hours after payment.
- Refunds, minus a 25% fee, can be requested up through February 1, 2022. If you find someone to take your place, your registration can be transferred with a $25 administrative fee.
- After February 1, 2022, no refunds are available. However, you may find someone to take your place for a $25 administrative fee.
- After April 1, 2022, no refunds or transfers are permitted.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. What about Covid 19?
A: If the local/national situation warrants cancellation, I will let you know. In that case, you have the choice of rolling over your deposit to a rescheduled date or receive a full refund. We did have to cancel in 2020 and that’s the policy we followed. Anyone who asked for a refund got one.
Q: What’s the International Quilters’ Guild?
A: We are an online-only group of quilters who interact on Facebook. The group is free to join.
Q: What about meals? I have a food preference or allergy.
A: You’ll get an opportunity to review the menu and indicate any dietary needs closer to the event.