Rescheduled: Sept 30-Oct 3, 2021
Do you like to quilt? Do you like to travel? Do you love to travel and quilt?
Lancaster is a great city to visit as a tourist, and it has a rich quilting history. There are fabulous quilt shops there and a large Amish presence. The Amish are world renown for their wonderful quilts.
Come see what makes this a great city for quilters and tourists.
$675 double occupancy
$650 triple occupancy
$775 single occupancy
Join our Facebook group to get the latest details!
Because of the uncertainty of the world right now, I’m not requiring a deposit to reserve a space. Email me at email@example.com to reserve a space. Deposits will be due April 1, 2021.
- Four full days of sewing (Thursday-Sunday). We have a dedicated room where each person will get plenty of space to spread out and work on your own projects.
- Visits to local quilt shops. We have arranged visits to several local quilt shops. Bring your shopping list, or just come along and browse. These visits are optional, but you’ll probably want to go along on at least one of them! (There are a lot of quilt shops in the area; I’ll provide you with a list and you are free to visit others on your own.)
- Optional activities, including classes and visits to local attractions (information will be sent closer to the event).
Great opportunities to learn new things and meet new friends."
- 3 nights hotel accommodation (double, single, or triple!)
- 4 days of sewing
- Breakfast and dinner each day
- Shop hop
- Transportation to and from Lancaster (although I can give you recommendations)
- Lunches each day (although some of the optional activities may include lunch)
- Sewing machine and supplies
About the Trip Organizer
I’ve been a traveler my whole life. When I was 5, my family moved to Germany to live for the next 5 years. While there, we traveled around Europe extensively. And, I got bitten by the travel bug! I’ve lived in Europe (twice), traveled there several times, and visited numerous U.S. states, Canada, and Central America.
I’ve always sewn (my Mom was a professional seamstress), and after I discovered quilting in 2003, I very quickly also discovered quilting retreats. What fun! Getting to hang out with friends for a weekend, shop, eat (and not cook or do the dishes), talk, and SEW! I was hooked.
I am the person my friends and family ask to arrange group travel. I pay attention to the small details and plan trips that everyone enjoys. My friends refer to me as the “cruise director” because I love travel planning so much!
I have been organizing quilting retreats for several years. The retreats are so popular that they sell out and there’s a waiting list.
Signing Up is Easy
- Click the button above.
- A $250 deposit will hold your space!
- Choose whether you want a single, double, or triple room
- If you want a double or triple room, let me know who your roommates are
- No roommate? No problem! I’m happy to provide names of people looking for a roommate if you’re willing to share a room; just let me know
- Payment will be made via PayPal. You can use a credit card even if you don’t have a PayPal account.
- If you’d rather mail a check, email me to get the address.
The retreat will be held at the cozy Harvest Drive Family Inn.
The property was renovated recently and has large, comfortable rooms.
The sewing will take place in the event space right across the parking lot.
The event space is large, with huge windows that overlook the Amish countryside.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: What’s the International Quilters’ Guild?
A: We are an online-only group of quilters who interact on Facebook. The group is free to join.
Q: What’s the weather like in Lancaster in early October? What’s the dress code for this event?
A: The weather is about 65 degrees Fahrenheit (18 degrees Celsius) during the day and 45 degrees Fahrenheit (7 degrees Celsius) at night in October, although it can be much hotter at the beginning of the month. Plan to dress in layers and bring a sweater or light jacket. An umbrella and raincoat are a good idea too. Plan to dress in casual clothes. A sweater for the sewing room is a good idea.
Q: What are the sleeping rooms like?
A: The hotel is older but well maintained. The rooms have been renovated recently and are large and comfortable. Free wireless internet, refrigerator, microwave, coffee/tea maker, iron/ironing board, hair dryer, and 32” flat screen cable television are available in every room. If you need a first-floor room, be sure to request one. You may choose a single room, a double room, or even a triple room; all rooms have queen-size beds. (Double rooms have two beds, and triple rooms have three beds.)
Q: What is the sewing room like?
A: The sewing room is large, and every person gets their own large table. There are large windows on one end of the building with expansive views of the Amish countryside. There is a microwave, refrigerator, ice, and a coffee maker available. We will have ironing stations available, but you may bring your own irons and ironing pads. There will also be a cutting station available.
Q: What about meals? I have a food preference or allergy.
A: You’ll get an opportunity to review the menu and indicate any dietary needs closer to the event.
Q: I’d like to share a room, but I don’t have a roommate.
A: No problem! Just let me know and I can provide names of people looking for a roommate.
Q: I’m not a quilter; can I still come?
A: Absolutely! Lancaster has a lot to do in the area. If you’d like to bring your spouse or a non-quilter friend, that person can join us at all meals and register for the optional events. I can help him or her find things to do while we quilt. Also, if you do a craft other than quilting (e.g., scrapbooking), you are welcome to join us!
Q: What if I can’t go? Can I get a refund?
A: A $250 deposit is required at time of booking via PayPal. The balance is due by July 31, 2021.
- You may request a full refund for 72 hours after booking.
- Refunds, minus a $250 fee, can be requested up through August 1, 2021. If you find someone to take your place, your registration can be transferred with a $50 administrative fee.
- After September 15, 2021, no refunds are available. However, up to September 15, 2021, you may find someone to take your place for a $50 administrative fee.
- After September 15, 2021, no refunds or transfers are permitted. Full terms and conditions can be found here.