Lancaster, PA Area
June 10-13, 2022
(Friday - Monday)
Do you like to quilt? Do you like to shop?
Do you love to shop and quilt?
Join us for a fun, all-inclusive weekend with others who also like to shop and quilt! We’ll be taking over an entire space that’s built just for quilt retreats. We will be minutes from Burkholder’s Fabrics and Lancaster Home & Fabric. There are at least a dozen other shops within an hour’s drive.
Priced at LESS THAN $445 all inclusive for the weekend!
Join our Facebook group to get the latest details!
Can’t come to this one? Join our mailing list to learn about future retreats: https://iqg-2192.ck.page/dc9aa04d69
- This event is limited to 12 people.
- The event begins at 2 PM on Friday, June 10, 2022. Checkout is Noon on Monday, June 13, 2022.
- The venue includes a full kitchen, a sitting area, a quilting area, a finished basement with exercise equipment (a treadmill and ping pong table), a washer and dryer, a courtyard with picnic tables and a grill, and covered porch with rocking chairs. This space was designed for quilting retreats!
- The quilting area is filled with natural light and includes a 6-foot table of your own, an adjustable sewing chair with wheels, two design walls, extra tables for cutting/laying out, and 3 ironing boards.
- All meals are included (starting with dinner Friday through breakfast Monday). A professional chef will be creating our meals (menus will be sent closer to the event and will accommodate dietary preferences).
- Beds are twin size and there are two to a room (a limited number of private rooms may be available). Pillows and quilts are provided; you must bring your own bed linens and towels. Some rooms have bathrooms in them; others use a shared hallway bath. The venue has plenty of bathrooms.
- There are two beds available on the ground floor. Please only request one of them if you cannot handle stairs.
- Exact address will be sent with your confirmation and invoice.
- The cost WILL be less. I’m waiting for a revised estimate from the caterer.
- Paying members of the International Quilters’ Guild get a $45 credit.
- Please note: This is a fully vaccinated event. You will be asked to confirm that you will be fully vaccinated (and boosted) against Covid 19 before attending.
Great opportunities to learn new things and meet new friends."
- 3 nights (Fri, Sat, Sun) lodging.
- 4 days of sewing (Fri, Sat, Sun, Mon)
- Goodie bag
- Breakfast, lunch, and dinner
- Transportation to and from Lancaster (although I can give you recommendations)
- Sewing machine and supplies
About the Trip Organizer
I’ve been a traveler my whole life. When I was 5, my family moved to Germany to live for the next 5 years. While there, we traveled around Europe extensively. And, I got bitten by the travel bug! I’ve lived in Europe (twice), traveled there several times, and visited numerous U.S. states, Canada, and Central America.
I’ve always sewn (my Mom was a professional seamstress), and after I discovered quilting in 2003, I very quickly also discovered quilting retreats. What fun! Getting to hang out with friends for a weekend, shop, eat (and not cook or do the dishes), talk, and SEW! I was hooked.
I am the person my friends and family ask to arrange group travel. I pay attention to the small details and plan trips that everyone enjoys. My friends refer to me as the “cruise director” because I love travel planning so much!
I have been organizing quilting retreats for several years. The retreats are so popular that they sell out and there’s a waiting list.
Signing Up is Easy
- Full payment is due to the venue May 13, so you will be asked to pay in full immediately.
- Complete the form at this link and I’ll send you an invoice. Please pay promptly.
- If fewer than 8 people register, this retreat will be cancelled.
- No refunds are available. However, you may find someone to take your place for a $25 administrative fee.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. What about Covid 19?
A: If the local/national situation warrants cancellation, I will let you know. In that case, you have the choice of rolling over your deposit to a rescheduled date or receive a full refund. We did have to cancel in 2020 and that’s the policy we followed. Anyone who asked for a refund got one.
Q: What’s the International Quilters’ Guild?
A: We are an online-only group of quilters who interact on Facebook. The group is free to join.
Q: What about meals? I have a food preference or allergy.
A: You’ll get an opportunity to review the menu and indicate any dietary needs closer to the event.