Covid Quilt Contest
Many of us quilters have been busy quilting while we’ve been quarantining at home. Let’s see what you’ve completed! Enter your “Covid” quilts for a chance to win money and a membership in the International Quilters’ Guild (IQG)!
- Quilts must have been completed between April 1, 2020, and September 30, 2020.
- There will be two categories, based on size: Quilts that are less than 200″ in circumference (e.g., 40″ x 60″ or 50″ square) and quilts larger than that.
- You may enter only one quilt per category.
- Contest is open to anyone worldwide.
- You may enter quilts completed by more than one person; however, each named quilter can only enter one quilt in each category.
- Winners will be chosen by votes solicited between October 1 and 18, 2020. Winners will be announced Monday, October 19, 2020.
- Anyone will be allowed to vote, but each person can only vote once per category. If there is a tie, the winner will be chosen by random number generator.
- There will be three prizes in each of the two categories:
- First prize: $50 USD plus a 1-year membership in the International Quilters’ Guild (value: $240).
- Second prize: $25 USD plus a 6-month membership in the International Quilters’ Guild (value: $120).
- Third prize: $25 USD plus a 3-month membership in the International Quilters’ Guild (value: $60).
- If the winner is a current member of the IQG, the membership portion of the prize will be added to her existing membership.
- Money will be sent to the winners via a payment app (such as Venmo or PayPal) or a check drawn on a U.S. bank (winner’s choice).
- Details about the IQG membership are available here.
- By entering, winners give IQG permission to use photos of their quilts and their names for promotional purposes.
- By entering, your email address will be added to the mailing list for the International Quilters’ Guild. You may unsubscribe at any time.
- Deadline for entries is midnight, US Eastern time, on Wednesday, September 30, 2020.
Share with your friends!