Newport, PA Area
April 7-10, 2022
Do you like to quilt? Do you like to shop?
Do you love to shop and quilt?
Join us this spring for a fun, all-inclusive weekend with others who also like to shop and quilt! We’ll be taking over an historic private home on 23 acres. We will be minutes from Humble Stitch (a fabulous quilt and fiber shop!), and she will open just for us on Thursday with a special discount. (The shop is open Friday, Saturday, and Sunday.)
RETREAT IS FULL! See you next year!
- This retreat is limited to 9 people.
- The event begins at 3 PM on Thursday, April 7, 2022. Checkout is 11 AM on Sunday, April 10, 2022.
- The venue is a beautiful mountain chalet nestled on 23 wooded acres — perfect for rest and relaxation. The house includes a full kitchen, a 50 ft by 20 ft covered deck, a large stone wrap-around porch with a porch swing, and a large fire pit.
- The quilting area includes a 6-foot table of your own, extra tables for cutting, and ironing boards.
- All meals are included (starting with dinner Thursday night, breakfast/lunch/dinner on Friday and Saturday, and breakfast Sunday). A professional chef will be creating our lunches and dinners (menus will be sent closer to the event and will accommodate dietary preferences).
- The venue has 7 bedrooms and 3 full and one half baths. Some bedrooms have an en suite bathroom, which must be shared with a bedroom with no en suite. There are no bedrooms on the first floor, but there is an outside ramp to the bedrooms (as well as stairs).
- One bedroom has two double beds, and one bedroom has two queen beds. Other rooms are private.
- Optional classes will be offered. Details will be sent closer to the event.
- Exact address will be sent with your confirmation and invoice.
- Please note: This is a fully vaccinated event. You will be asked to confirm that you will be fully vaccinated against Covid 19 before attending.
Great opportunities to learn new things and meet new friends."
- 3 nights (Thur, Fri, Sat) lodging.
- 4 days of sewing (Thur, Fri, Sat, Sun)
- Goodie bag
- Breakfast, lunch, and dinner (dinner on the night you arrive through breakfast Sunday morning)
Chair massages may be provided if I can find someone
- Transportation to and from the venue
- Sewing machine and supplies
The all-inclusive cost is $425.
About the Trip Organizer
I’ve been a traveler my whole life. When I was 5, my family moved to Germany to live for the next 5 years. While there, we traveled around Europe extensively. And, I got bitten by the travel bug! I’ve lived in Europe (twice), traveled there several times, and visited numerous U.S. states, Canada, and Central America.
I’ve always sewn (my Mom was a professional seamstress), and after I discovered quilting in 2003, I very quickly also discovered quilting retreats. What fun! Getting to hang out with friends for a weekend, shop, eat (and not cook or do the dishes), talk, and SEW! I was hooked.
I am the person my friends and family ask to arrange group travel. I pay attention to the small details and plan trips that everyone enjoys. My friends refer to me as the “cruise director” because I love travel planning so much!
I have been organizing quilting retreats for several years. The retreats are so popular that they sell out and there’s a waiting list.
Signing Up is Easy
- Complete the form below.
- I will send you an invoice for your deposit (half the retreat fee). The balance is due March 1, 2022.
- You may pay via check, credit card, or PayPal. Your space is not reserved until I receive your payment.
Annual paying members of the International Quilters Guild get $50 off the price of the retreat. No coupon is required. If you are an annual paying member (or have been a member for at least 3 months) as of February 1, 2022, your final bill for the retreat will reflect a $50 credit. Join today!
- A 50% deposit is required to hold your space. The balance is due March 1, 2022.
- You may request a full refund for 72 hours after payment.
- Refunds, minus a 25% fee, can be requested up through February 1, 2022. If you find someone to take your place, your registration can be transferred with a $25 administrative fee.
- After February 1, 2022, no refunds are available. However, you may find someone to take your place for a $25 administrative fee.
- After March 1, 2022, no refunds or transfers are permitted. Full terms and conditions can be found here.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. What about Covid 19?
A: If the local/national situation warrants cancellation, I will let you know. In that case, you have the choice of rolling over your deposit to a rescheduled date or receive a full refund. We did have to cancel in 2020 and that’s the policy we followed. Anyone who asked for a refund got one.
Q: What’s the International Quilters’ Guild?
A: We are an online-only group of quilters who interact on Facebook. The group is free to join.
Q: What about meals? I have a food preference or allergy.
A: You’ll get an opportunity to review the menu and indicate any dietary needs closer to the event.