Quilts are more than just some sewn together patches of fabric. They’re works of art that combine traditional skills with modern artistic vision.
At the International Quilters Guild (IQG), our sum is also greater than our parts. We created IQG to provide a home for quilters of all ages at all skill levels. Together, we share our work and ideas and our resources to help quilters around the world grow their knowledge and skills.
Membership in the International Quilters Guild gives you access to a global community of people just like you. As a member, you get:
- Monthly workshop or lecture from award-winning quilt teachers, including Carolina Oneto, Andi McElvain, Sandy Maxwell, Donna Zandell, Linda J. Hahn, Raymond Steeves, Monique Jacobs, and Patti Laird
- Learn a new technique or tips to improve one you already know. Topics to be covered include Modern Quilting, Sashiko, Monochromatic Quilts, Portrait Quilts, Quilting on Your Domestic Machine, New York Beauty, Trunk Shows, Quilting with Rulers, and Designing Fabric
- Most are delivered live via Zoom; a few are recorded and available for a week
- Four Mystery Quilts per year
- For each Mystery, you get a weekly clue that leads you to the final reveal
- Each Mystery lasts 4-6 weeks
- Complete pattern provided at the end
- Eight short video classes designed to improve your quilting skills
- Four of them are tied to the Mystery Quilts
- Helpful for both novice and experienced quilters
- Topics include the basics (cutting, pressing, piecing), demonstrations of tools and rulers, and recommendations for “must haves”
- Twice a month, join others to sew together virtually via Zoom
- One daytime session and one evening session offered each month
- Work on a common project, your own thing, or just join us to socialize
- PDF pattern delivered each month
- Put all 12 together to make a quilt
- Or, use them in other projects
- In addition to the free International Quilters’ Guild group, you’ll get access to a private, members-only group
- Network and socialize with other members
- Get first access and provide input to new benefits
- Discounts on patterns, travel, and special events
And to be sure you don’t miss anything, you’ll get a calendar file that you can upload to your online calendar!
Come Thrive with Us!
The International Quilters’ Guild was created with the mission of helping quilters around the world learn new skills, exchange ideas, and support each other. Whether you’re a complete newbie or a skilled quilter, we offer programs and community for you. By becoming a member, you’ll not only get monthly learning opportunities, but you’ll also get the chance to meet new people who love quilting just as much as you do!